My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

A new beginning

Here is the beginning of a new attempt both to enter the 21st century world of the "blogger" as well as develop, perhaps, a better way to communicate with everyone than the less and less appearing "Letters from the Friary."

It seems to be the nature of these things to be somewhat "stream of consciousness" and so I hope that the faithful readers won't be put off by this. As this is my first attempt at this be prepared for a bit of roughness and changes as I get used to all of this. You will note that you can comment on my posts, so if you have any questions about anything I write, let me know.

Today we celebrated the birthday of our Brother Matt [age 27] and also had one of the bishops who lives next to us over for dinner. This bishop used to live with several other bishops in charge of the diocese of the armed forces, but they have been moving out for some reason. I expect that in the next couple of days their house will be empty and then, in the Franciscan fashion, we will move in and claim squatters' rights.

Other than that, I spent the day running errands. I have been put on grocery duty for the house. This means going to the store once a week and buying food for twelve. This is quite a bit different from my shopping from my days as a bachelor student - no more Ramen noodles and Spaghetti O's [tm].

Pax et Bonum

2 Comments:

Blogger Carlos said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Carlos said...

Thanks for the email. I've bookmarked this site.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home