My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A modern day Job?

A Romanian prisoner is suing God for not protecting him from the Devil.

The inmate argued that his baptism was a contract between him and God who was supposed to keep the Devil away and keep him out of trouble. He added: “God even claimed and received from me various goods and prayers in exchange for forgiveness and the promise that I would be rid of problems and have a better life. “But on the contrary I was left in Devil’s hands.” [source]

The prisoner is suing God via the Romanian Orthodox Church as God's representative.

Apparently this prisoner never learned that a life in Christ means a life of struggle, including a struggle with the Devil. Indeed, if you don't feel a struggle with sin and temptation, you may be pretty far along the wrong path.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home