My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Is it Jesus or...


Brent Wisniowski
is claiming to have found an image of Jesus on his tire and like all who have found miraculous images of Christ and his saints, he is making it available for adoration for the faithful worshipers in the Church of eBay.

Wisniowski was raised Catholic, but now claims no particular religion and doesn't attend church. But claims that, "I know a picture of Jesus when I see one."

But, having looked at the picture intently, I can tell that it is indeed not a picture of Jesus - but instead is a picture of famous 19th century Russian writer, Fyodor Dostoevsky.

I am not Russian and I haven't been to Russia for a decade, but I know a picture of Dostoevsky when I see one.

The implications are astounding. Why would the author of Crime and Punishment, The Brothers Karamazov, The Idiot, and The Devils chose to manifest himself on a radial tire? What sort of message is he trying to send about the nature of the human person?

I sense a dissertation topic here or maybe a new book!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He must have found out that a slice of bread with our Savior's image on it brought over $100,000 on e-bay!

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home