My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Happy Birthday Haleigh!

I have posted a couple of times about the tragedy of Haleigh Poutre who was beaten into a coma by her adoptive mother and her boyfriend, who was nearly removed from life support by the government of Massachusettes. She turned 12 today - in a hospital - alone.

Haleigh's birth mother who left her long ago has now re-entered Haleigh's life and has voiced great anger over the hospital's refusal to allow her to visit. Why she couldn't have been this concerned when Haleigh's aunt was abusing her, I don't know. Still, better late than never.

Happy Birthday, Haleigh

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I, too, have been following Haleigh's case. I've been wondering if anyone has tried to file a petition to gain custody of Haleigh.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home