My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Catholic League hacked!!!


The website of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights has been hacked - apparently by some Moroccan hacker wishing to voice his support for Palestine and animosity to Bush and Sharon [Certain parts of his web hack have been censored by me in yellow].

I don't know why he would choose the Catholic League as a site to hack, since I have never found anything on that site that would mark it as either pro-Israeli or anti-Palestinian. In fact, the site seems to pretty much limit itself to events in the United States. I don't find the site is even very pro-Bush. It did demonstrate an animosity to John Kerry, but that was because of his pro-choice policies.

Perhaps it is an indication that for some in the Islamic world, Catholic and American are synonomous. Still, then I would have expected something anti-Catholic in the hack and there wasn't any of that.

In any event, I doubt this hacker won much support for his cause with this hack and only succeeded in alienating many Catholics from supporting a cause that does need more attention - especially the plight of the Palestinian Christians.
Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home