My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Monday, June 27, 2005

What makes Jesus cry

Recently, a horrific event took place at an Orthodox convent in Romania as a 23-year old nun was starved, crucified and suffocated by other nuns in her community and an Orthodox priest as a result of an "exorcism".

I make mention of this not to cast shame upon Orthodoxy, God knows that many Roman Catholic clergy have committed similar shameful acts in the name of the faith. Rather I note it to note that not all that is considered "traditional" is truly of God. Indeed, the real shame is that no one came to the poor woman's help.

Being Catholic does not mean "blind obedience" to the clergy, nor does it mean open opposition simply to show one's "independence" - being Catholic means that you have been baptized into Christ as priest, prophet and king. This lays upon all Catholics the responsibility to speak out against injustice and to bring Christ into even the darkest of situations.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, I just wanted to give a greeting and tell you I like your blog.

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home