My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

True devotion to Mary?

It's difficult enough to molify Protestant concerns about devotion to the Blessed Mother without having this sort of thing:

(I-Newswire) - A VERY URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL CATHOLICS
Concerning the Third Secret of Our Lady of Fatima

The Third Secret of Our Lady of Fatima states that MARY IS GOD; MARY IS THE SOUL OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. This is in contrast to the Vatican – fabricated letter that was released in the year 2000. The Third Secret of Our Lady of Fatima is a Dogma of Faith of the Holy Catholic Church. The Most Holy Trinity demands that the Holy Catholic Church, in preparation for the Second Coming of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, declare the Third Secret of Fatima a Dogma.

The originating site of the news release has additional material that also passes from true devotion to the Mother of God into outright heresy.

I don't know much about the group, perhaps someone else does? All I can tell is that it appears to be based in the Philipines.

I have no problem with a great devotion to the Blessed Mother and believe that she was and continues to be of great strength to me in my vocational journey. Mary leads us to God. Mary intercedes for us with God. Mary is the Mother of God. Mary is not God.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Now that's just funny.

I think somebody needs to tell that to the a lot of Mexicans I know.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home