My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Monday, November 07, 2005

The post-ordination glow

I'm back from my ordination to the priesthood, so I guess I need to amend my personal description. The ordination went well and I hope to talk more about it on the next Catholic:Under The Hood episode. Let me just say that it was a most joyous occasion with many family and friends. I have gotten very busy with Masses on Sunday and Monday and hearing my first confessions this evening - what a powerful and awesome responsibility. I have to keep telling myself that God gives the grace, God gives the grace to keep from running away from it all.

Nothing in the seminary can really prepare you for the reality of this sacramental ministry, to know that what you do will have a tremendous affect on many people but also to see that God is truly bringing forth blessings in you. Wow.

9 Comments:

Blogger DP said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! :)

That is very exciting! Probably one of the most exciting days of your life.

Thank-you for your faithful service to God.

P.S. Your probably going to have to change the prefix on your name from Br. to Fr. now.
;)

11:55 PM  
Blogger Keith Kenney said...

Laudate Dominum!

Thou art a priest forever, according to the order of Melchisedech. Ps 109 (DR).

May God richly bless you in your work of saving souls.

2:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks and congratulations Father! Your service is much appreciated!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Layla said...

Congrats, Father! Thank you, and may God ever so richly bless you.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Many congratulations Father Seraphim! May our Holy Father Francis continue to bless you throughout your priestly ministry.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Lawrence Lew OP said...

Congratulations Father! Ad multos annos! May our Seraphic Father St Francis guide your steps as you minister to God's holy people.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

I never met a Franciscan I didn't like.

May God bless you with a fervent, lively vocation and joy in serving God through a long and healthy life.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Congratulations and thank you for answering God's call!

We prayed for our priests tonight.

God bless, Maureen

11:29 PM  
Blogger Zadok the Roman said...

Congratulations!

May the Lord bless you and those who are entrusted to your care.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home