My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Signs of the Advent Apocalypse - Part 4

This is a picture of members of PETA [People for the Ethical Treatment Animals] in the Phillipines urging that people adopt a vegetarian diet for Christmas.

Perhaps they were singing the Twelve Vegetarian Days of Christmas.

One the first day of Christmas, my diet permitted me one piece of crispy celery.
One the second day of Christmas, my diet permitted me two tofu burgers and one piece of crispy celery.
On the third day of Christmas, my diet permitted me three ripe bananas, two tofu burgers and one piece of crispy celery.
On the fourth day of Christmas, my diet permitted me four cups of lentils, three ripe bananas, two tofu burgers and one piece of crispy celery.
On the fifth day of Christmas, my diet permitted me five soy milks, four cups of lentils, three ripe bananas, two tofu burgers and one piece of crispy celery.

On the sixth day of Christmas, my diet permitted me six baked potatoes, five soy milks, four cups of lentils, three ripe bananas, two tofu burgers and one piece of crispy celery.
On the seventh day of Christmas, my diet permitted me seven pounds of mushrooms, six baked potates, five soy milks, four cups of lentils, three ripe bananas, two tofu burgers and one piece of crispy celery.
On the eighth day of Christmas, my diet permitted me eight bowls of rice, seven pounds of mushrooms, six baked potatoes, five soy milks, four cups of lentils, three ripe bananas, two tofu burgers and one piece of crispy celery.
On the ninth day of Christmas, my diet permitted me nine carob brownies, eight bowls of rice, seven pounds of mushrooms, six baked potatoes, five soy milks, four cups of lentils, three ripe bananas, two tofu burgers and one piece of crispy celery.

On the tenth day of Christmas, my diet permitted me ten boxes of pasta, nine carob brownlies, eight bowls of rice, seven pounds of mushrooms, six baked potatoes, five soy milks, four cups of lentils, three ripe bananas, two tofu burgers, and one piece of crispy celery.
On the eleventh day of Christmas, my diet permitted me eleven heads of lettuce, ten boxes of pasta, nine carob brownies, eight bowls of rice, seven pounds of mushrooms, six baked potatoes, five soy milks, four cups of lentils, three ripe bananas, two tofu burgers, and one piece of crispy celery.
On the twelfth day of Christmas, I had a steak.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Polypragmatic People Publically Protesting Parodies will be staging a protest outside the Friary at Franciscan University.

Fr Seraphim is being targeted on the grounds that he Parodied the "12 Days of Christmas" is appearing to have too much fun and living without the proper shame for being human, white and male, and for using the politically incorrect word "Christmas" more than once in a blog.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home