My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Yet another stupid anti-Catholic statement

A web cartoon portraying Pope Benedict as giving a Nazi salute to the Virgin Mary is causing a great deal of controversy up in Canada. While I can accept legitimate criticism of the Catholic Church, I have much less tolerance for what I call stupid anti-Catholicism that indicates no real attempt to find out what the Catholic Church really teaches.

This is the case with the publisher of the offending website Judy Rebick who was quoted as saying, "I object to the Catholic church's position on homophobia." Since the Catholic Church condemns homophobia, I guess this means that she supports it.

But what can you expect from someone who considers falsely presenting Pope Benedict as a Nazi, even though he has been praised by Jewish groups around the world.

Judy Remick proves the old adage that if your response to one who disagrees with you is to call them a Nazi, you have already lost the debate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home