My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

More Abortion Hypocrisy

Just when Hilary Clinton speaks of the "right to be able to have choice when it comes to the most private and intimate decisions that a woman has to make", a nineteen-year old man faces spending the rest of his life in prison for helping his girlfriend to abort her twins. The mother of the twins has admitted that she asked her boyfriend for help in ending her pregnancy but cannot be prosecuted because "of her legal right to abortion."

I am at a loss to see how what has happened here was either "intimate" or "private". What instead took place was the ruining of four lives - two killed, one in prison and the fourth emotionally scarred. I will also be curious to see if either NARAL or Planned Parenthood comes to the man's defense, but I doubt it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home