My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The post-ordination glow, part II

If you are going to get ordained, Franciscan University is a good place to get stationed both because there are lots of opportunities for sacramental ministry and because it has been very supportive over the past few days which have been filled with many firsts.

In my time before hearing my first confessions, I must say that I was exceptionally nervous - not only whether I would remember the prayer of absolution - but whether I would say something stupid. I had to keep reminding myself that God wouldn't have called me to this place without giving me the grace to fulfil it, that this isn't about me, that God is God and I am not.

I am waiting to see how the integration of my priestly and teaching responsibilities works out - your sins are forgiven but you still flunk my course!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm quite impressed, Fr. Seraphim.
I like this post. It keeps me motivated to persevere in my studies so that I too may receive the orders I for so long have discerned. Maybe someday, God willing, I will be stationed there with you to do ministry together. God bless you in your vocation as a priest friar! I also like your podcasts which I listened to. Very inspiring!

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home