My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Another reason for priestly celibacy

From Bishop Peter Hickman of the Ecumenical Catholic Church - composed mostly of former Roman Catholics -

"Marriage promotes growth," says Hickman, 50, who has fathered five children, been married three times and divorced twice. "People who've never been married have a hard time knowing themselves."

I can only hope that in his third marriage he has experienced some growth and finally knows who he is.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seen on the news last night about a woman who is becoming a Priest. I am glad that the Pope is not going along with this. What a mocking of the true Roman Catholic Church.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree...after three marriages and numerous children, I hope he knows his reality a bit better. Sounds like he is still looking. Pray for him!

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home