My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

You call it enabling, I call it science

Want to lose weight? Don't forget to hit the sack

As a Catholic, I always strive to get my faith to agree with science and am pleased to find that science has now come out in support of my pro-nap way of life. So, I can replace that "Quiet! Napping inside!" sign from my door and replace it with a "Quiet! Losing weight inside!" sign. Woo Hoo! So, don't call me lazy, call me fitness conscience [or unconscious if I happen to be sleeping...err... I mean losing weight]

"In vain is your earlier rising" - Psalm 127
"God gives gifts to his beloved while they sleep" - Psalm 127
"You will sleep in peace" - Proverbs 3

Of course now we will have to get new translations of these important texts so as to speak more clearly to the contemporary reader.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home