My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Saturday Musings

As I write this entry, the Washington weather is moving from sleet and freezing rain into snow. Ah, the joys of winter. Inside I am taking a break from working on my second and last integrating seminar paper on the Terri Schiavo case in which I have to come up with some pastoral advice for Terri's parents. The difficulty of this assignment is made somewhat easier by the Johnny Cash music flowing through my headphones. "It burns, burns, burns...the Ring of Fire". Hmm, a possible hymn selection for tomorrow morning.

I missed visiting the Eastern Liturgy last Sunday because of poor road conditions and am afraid that tomorrow the roads will be in pretty poor condition again. Did I say how much I dislike winter. You would think that after growing up in the Midwest, spending eight years in South Bend, another couple of years in middle Pennsylvania that I would be used to it by now. But, I must say that I prefer the heat over the cold. Perhaps that's one of the reasons why the name Seraphim "the burning ones" appealed to me. Unfortunately, I don't know what the equivalent term for "the freezing ones" would be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home