My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Football Tensions

I am presently avoiding the downstairs tv room where some friars are watching the Steelers and Patriots. Since there are some die hard supporters of both teams, I have decided to avoid the field of battle - especially as my Chiefs have been out of the picture for awhile and baseball season is still a couple of months away. In a house of men, sports are very important. Generally, you can get by if you support Notre Dame which remains "the" Catholic team or Pittsburgh as many friars are from that area of the country, but after that it's each friar for himself. As a Cubs fan from Kansas City, I have pretty much had to keep quiet about sports for some time and expect the same in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home