My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

On the eve of something new

Tomorrow I make my first attempt to celebrate the sacraments of Baptism and Marriage in a practice session. We will not be using a real baby for the baptism, but a doll affectionately named "Chucky" - there is some speculation that the doll received its name not only because of the movie of the same title, but also because of the Dallas Cowboys shirt that the doll wears but the historians can argue about that one themselves. The roles of the mother and the bride will be played by female classmates of ours at the union. Fortunately, none of these practice celebrations are valid so that we won't be arrested on charges of bigamy when one classmate plays the bride in three separate weddings. And as for Chucky, if the repeated baptisms performed on him haven't exorcised his evil spirits, then nothing will.

The practices will be videotaped for critique by our instructor and I will see if I can't put at least a picture or two up here on the blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home