My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Monday, March 21, 2005

First day of the mission

Well, the first day of my preaching at the friary went well. I spoke much of the same as I did yesterday as the reading was practically the same and my crowd today didn't hear it before. So, it was new to them.

Tomorrow is day two and I want to move from self-reflection upon our relationship with God to an examination of what is expected should we wish to truly follow the path of Christ. Tomorrow's readings are very stark in the darkness that is present as the Gospel forshadows the failure of everyone but Jesus. Still, even in this darkness, Jesus is glorified and that is the message of hope. That, simply by trying God is made manifest. So, we should not fear failure as if it might cause problems in our relationship with God, rather we should fear not even making the attempt. In fact, we might say that the eventual success of those who failed at the time of the Crucifixion is due to the fact that after failure, they kept trying. We may fall, but we can always fall forward - and then get back up again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home