My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Palm Sunday

Today I preached at the local Eastern Church about the importance of Palm Sunday. I spoke of the need to take this time to reflect not only upon our Lent so far, but upon our entire relationship to God. I spoke of how the readings presented the real complexity of our relationship to God how we were capable of good and evil, often at the same time. But that it is in the messiness of our reality - in our hopes and fears, sins and virtues that Christ comes to us - this mixture of attitudes and emotions are our "palms" which we lay before Jesus who stayed with Judas despite his future betrayal, with Mary despite her sins, and the people of Jerusalem despite knowing that they would soon seek to have him crucified.

In other news, its still working on the web site but its coming along pretty well.

Tomorrow I begin preaching to the house - several of the themes I have already mentioned will play an important part. More later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home