My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Weekend Travels

I spent the weekend up at Steubenville visiting with a pastor there about a possible deaconate. The meeting went well but I still need to discuss it with my provincial before all will be settled about starting there at the end of May. Of course, the death of the Pope was the major issue on campus.

The students have known no other pope than John Paul, so, for them this was truly the end of an era. They were indeed deeply saddened by the events of the past week. One student didn't want to go to class on Friday afternoon for fear of missing the announcement of the pope's death. There was a special memorial mass today on the Franciscan University campus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home