My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Weekend Finals

I'm still at work finishing up finals for the Union, two down and one to go. Unfortunately, its the longest - especially for a two credit hour class. I try to look on the bright side that it rained all day today which meant that I didn't feel so bad being stuck inside the friary.

Last night we went to the Military Bishops' annual Christmas party. I missed last year because I was out in Steubenville, but not much had changed. It was still populated by Franciscan TORs, Nuns, and a couple of the Bishops of the Military Archdiocese. The violinist and accordianist were still there playing Christmas songs, Irish songs and Irish Christmas songs. Dinner was very tasty. It was good to get out of the friary for a bit. Still, it seems odd only to visit once a year. It will probably be the last time as the bishops are moving out and the SVDs [Society of the Divine Word] are moving in. Soon it will be time to scope out the new neighbors.

Sunday is Gaudete Sunday - Gaudete means "Rejoice". Traditionally priests have worn "rose" vestments - not pink, despite what they may look like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home