My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year - No more vacation for you!

I am writing this on the last night of my vacation, the eve of Epiphany. I don't know if there is any sort of connection between those two events. In the Eastern Church, tomorrow is the celebration of the Feast of the Circumcision. I think its rather interesting that while there are churches dedicated to all sorts of Feast Days, none is dedicated to that particular feast. Perhaps it's best, I don't know how you would celebrate it.

Vacation has been somewhat productive, though it never is as much as you might like. Yet, all good things must come to an end and its approaching time for me to return to life in the Friary. I didn't make any New Years resolutions since I usually don't keep them very well. However, I would like for this time especially before my deaconate ordination to be a time of spiritual preparation. I can always improve my prayer life and work on becoming a better person, but along with that I would like to look at myself and others the way that God does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home