My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Adventures in cooking

Since Tuesday's are shopping days, the cupboards can be rather empty on Monday evenings. And since, I was responsible for shopping last week, I guess I have no one to blame but myself but why take the easy way out when it is so much easier to complain about it? Normally, I would have fixed a "beef" related meal, but we had a bunch of left overs, so it was time to find interesting things to do with whatever I could find. Last week's turkey became tonight's turkey casserole with rice; some green apples became an apple salad with rice; and to top it all of I reheated some chicken soup - with rice. Do you see a theme here? Lots of rice and lots of leftovers. Perhaps not the most culinarily appealing, but it helps to stretch our shopping dollar and keeps me from having to go to the store again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home