My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Praying for the Pope

As I write this, the Holy Father has been taken to the hospital. While I faintly remember John Paul I, for me John Paul has set the standard for what a pope should be and it is only with some apprehensiveness that I contemplate who his successor might be. I know that I should have faith in the continuing power of the Holy Spirit to guide the church and that there is no reason why I should expect the worst over the best but that's how I am right now. So I find myself torn both in a desire that his health improve as well as a prayer that after all this time he might finally get a much deserved rest. I imagine that he is praying only that God's will may be done, perhaps I should do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home