My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Problems of technology

Sorry about the delay. I tried to post last night, but Blogger wasn't behaving correctly. It's very frustrating to rant about a computer program, especially one that isn't on your computer. In any case, I will try to remember what I wanted to say earlier and rely on your understanding, gentle reader.

Life has been very busy as the end of school approaches. Next week will be especially busy as I finish a ten page book report - yes, I'm doing book reports in graduate school - on Graham Greene's The Power and the Glory. Fortunately, I have found it to be a very good book, though I can understand why the Vatican was upset with it when it first came out.

The warming weather isn't making things any easier as I am stuck inside for at least the next couple of days. I expect I shall get my first break around the time it starts to rain.

I went out to Steubenville last week to visit with the priest with whom I will be doing my deaconate internship. The visit went well and I received permission from my provincial to go there in May after my deaconal ordination. The parish has about 800 families and I can expect my share of baptisms, weddings, and funerals.

When I had free time I was still working on the website and trying to learn JavaScript. I have accepted that I am becoming a computer geek, but as I am celibate now I don't have to worry about alienating 50% of the population with my (rediscovered?) geekiness. I still only watch Star Trek about once every two or three weeks, so perhaps there is still hope for me, yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home