My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Midterm Week

Today I had my one and only midterm. I don't know if this is the result of it being my last year at the seminary or just a fortiuitous chain of events. Either way, I'm not complaining, especially as it didn't go to bad. I also had a paper due and another due tomorrow, but they are only a few pages long so again, not too bad. My only concern is that DC is supposed to get snow tomorrow and while I normally wouldn't mind getting a bunch of snow and missing my three hour night class, my spring break is supposed to begin on Friday and I really want to get out of here for my vacation...err retreat. So I would much rather go to class tomorrow than get a snow day. [I can't believe I'm saying this].

Now, I know that "Spring Break" and "Summer Vacation" are sometimes looked upon with disdain by the many who work in the "real world" and have often wondered why the academic year is structured so differently. While there has been discussion about year round school, for obvious reasons, it never seems to go over well with either the teachers or the students. Moreover, many students and teachers use these times - especially the "Summer Vacation" for work rather than pleasure. So there are many strong forces against getting rid of these breaks. Perhaps it would be easier to get the workplace to adopt "Spring Break" and "Summer Vacation". Of course, I wouldn't recommend suggesting this to your boss. See if it happens in France first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home