My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Saturday, February 19, 2005

On the eve of the second week of Lent

Spending the day cleaning my room and making tremendous archeological discoveries. I figure that if I can't become famous for my blogging, perhaps I can by finding the missing link before I lose it again under all my stuff. Now where did I last see it...

Found out today that the bishop who will be ordaining to the deaconate and the priesthood is being sued by a priest of his own diocese in an issue relating to the sexual abuse scandal. I feel more and more like Frodo Baggins wishing things were different, yet hearing Gandalf tell him - "So do all who live in such times, but it is not for them to decide - all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Choice is certainly a powerful gift, though sometimes it may seem like a curse. Still, the example has been put before us - it is not what would Jesus do, it is what Jesus did and continues to do out of love. Maranatha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home