My Photo
Name:

I am a Third Order Franciscan of the Province of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Friday, April 29, 2005

Br. Seraphim - Injured hermit

Prepare yourself for the terrifying tales of Br. Seraphim's moving adventure - that is adventure involving moving not moving in the sense of emotionally moving - though it could be that as well. Anyway, I managed to survive the extended trip from DC to Steubenville - about six hours on the road in the UHaul can without a cassette deck or CD player. Let me tell you that it was near torture when I was driving through the empty spaces of West Virginia and could only pick up two stations - one Country and the other Western. What made it worse was the fact that the windshield wipers made a sound roughly akin to fingernails on a blackboard whenever they went across the windshield and it rained a lot.

The good news is that when I got to Steubenville, the Students helped me unpack and did it all in about 20 minutes. The bad news is that when I was closing the UHaul door, I twisted my ring finger and it now has a hairline fracture. I have to see a doctor on Monday about it and hope it doesn't need a cast. The finger doesn't hurt but I can't bend it. Right now it is protected with a splint and a lot of bandage. Too bad it wasn't the middle finger. The other disappointing news is I have a bit of a delay before I can move into my room, so my stuff is stretched throughout the hall. If I had known, I would have packed a bit better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That joke about the two types of music -- country and western -- sounds kind of familiar. Are you sure you didn't hear that somewhere else?
Sorry to hear about your broken finger. Hopefully you'll still be able to keep the posts coming so we know how you're doing in Steubenville.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home